Friday, April 30, 2010

Centennial Park/Parthenon and Burger

So, our hotel room and the hospital were a little less than a mile away from one another. I tended to get a little work done at the hotel and then walk on over to meet up with Mom and Dad for the rest of the day. I especially liked my evening walks back to the hotel, as I would cut through Centennial Park just as the sun was setting. Or maybe just after the sun set would be the more accurate way to put it. There is a Parthenon replica in the park. Our hotel's information packet phrased it 'like the one in Greece,' which I thought was pretty funny...it's like, as opposed to the one in Paducah? I liked the, are these willows? I think so. I liked them.
This is not a willow. This is some other tree altogether. The weather was lovely.
Dinner after the walk above was at the hotel with the Daddy-o. We shared the fried green tomatoes, which tasted like they had been fried in old grease and had none of the delicate tartness or lush fresh fried crispiness one would want from the dish.
We both ordered burgers with sides of mashed potatoes as well. Decent enough, kind of. Dad liked his burger more than I liked mine. Though they were the same. Go figure.

No comments: