Sunday, April 11, 2010

Dim Sum c/o Jade Garden

On Sunday morning T&C and I went to the International District for dim sum. I think we went to Jade Garden, but maybe not? I have been eating dim sum for nearly ever, and I have long heard that west coast dim sum puts east and mid-west dim sum to shame, but I was skeptical of this truth.
Well, folks, it's actually pretty true. The dumplings were all plumper, the shrimp a little fresher, and the variety pretty good. I'd say this was some of the best dim sum of my life, though I'd say it with a little reservation. There weren't as many carts going around, which was a little sad. But I did try a crab topped dumpling, and consumed at least four shrimp dumplings with pleasure.
The Chinese broccoli was a marvelous little bit of green in a sea of dumplings.
This was a new dish I'd never seen before, and totally satisfying. Though I would have liked to get it when it was a little hotter.
And this was another great one. I can't remember what it was.

No comments: