Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Chocolate Chili Stout and Chile Burger c/o Elysian Fields Brewery

For lunch on Monday we went to Elysian Fields Brewery. Or maybe not the brewery, but one of its brew pubs? Probably the one in Capitol Hill, as that is where C&T live. I ordered what I thought was a brewery beer, the chocolate chili stout, which I liked very much but can't find on their list of beers. It's a bystery.
C&T found the beer to be more spicy in character than I did. I did like the little smokiness that the chili engendered, and the chocolate notes weren't as sweet as your typical chocolate stout.
We continued the tutelage of how to take a flattering photograph. Did that sentence make sense?

Less of a perfect example, but there's something about the tone of T.'s point that amuses me.
The masters, demonstrating how it's done.
In terms of food, I ordered the chile burger. It was good, not all that chile-riffic, but it hit the spot. I'm thinking about a burger right now, actually.

1 comment:

Ted said...

It's probably not helpful that I consider a good photo to be one in which everyone looks crazy. But with that in mind I think these photos all look great!