Sunday, April 04, 2010

Doughnuts c/o Top Pot Followed by Discovery Park

On my first full day in Seattle we headed to Top Pot for doughnuts and coffee. I ordered a latte, and it came with this nice fancy pattern and a smile from the coffee dude. Seattle really does have an inordinate number of coffee places, most of which I found to be operated by slightly hip around the edges (if not all the way down to the bone) people. Lots of big ear holes, crazy hair and nice skin.
I also ordered a Bavarian Cream Doughnut. It was so extremely good, but overwhelming. I should have gone back and tried another, unfilled, variety. Alas.

After coffee and doughnuts, M. and I headed to Discovery Park and walked around. Here are two extremely photoshopped images from that walk.

We heard a seal out there, and could see it a little better with A.'s trusty binoculars, just hanging out on a buoy doing its thing (the seal, not the binoculars).
We discussed the dangers of raising a chimpanzee as a daughter. I also encouraged M. to remember a key difference between apes and monkeys: monkeys have tails, apes don't.
We also saw turtles, ducks, children, dogs and driftwood sculptures. And mushrooms.

No comments: