Thursday, April 29, 2010

Hospital and Hotel Meals

Another day found my mother eating meatloaf, mashed potatoes and extremely overcooked peas for lunch.
For her evening meal, she ordered a cheeseburger and baked potato. I was convinced that I wanted that same meal for my own dinner later on...but ended up going in a slightly different direction.
My own dinner was served c/o the bar/grill in the hotel's lobby. The establishment has almost nightly singer/songwriter events. So, after eating my chicken quesadillas and beer, I stayed around and watched for a while.
During my lingering time, I momentarily fell in love with this musician. Man's got a voice on him, and the song he sang that night (which isn't on his MySpace page) was just delightful, and a welcome change of pace from the relatively predictable country acts that came before, and after, him. I decided we were going to get married and raise ourselves a brood of Tennessee chil'ren. Except he's actually from Pittsburgh...and married already. Oh well. The food was fine in that predictable kind of way and while I liked the attitude of the waitress, I didn't enjoy the 10 minute wait for a menu and then the additional ten minute wait for my beer (when she finally did appear she admitted that she had forgotten about me).

No comments: