Sunday, April 25, 2010

Dinner c/o Blackstone Brew Pub

On Friday, my cousin K. and my aunt and uncle came to town. For dinner we tried the Blackstone Brew Pub. Though we were very much confused by the fifteen minute wait after being seated in a room with plenty of unpeopled tables. We ordered the beer flight to determine the beers we would actually want to drink. I enjoyed the nut brown and ordered one, K. ordered the IPA and my aunt and uncle ordered the Chaser.
We shared some fancy soft pretzels with two kinds of spicy mustard. Soft, and very buttery hot.

I had the fish and chips. I guess it is possible to do fried things wrong. Yes, actually, a few meals come to mind in the 'bad fried things.' In this case the fish and chips fryed-ness worked in its favor.
The beer was really good. The Chaser has this depth of flavor while being really light, a low hoppy quotient, and not a hint of heiffewesen. Mmm, tasty.

No comments: