Saturday, April 10, 2010

Eggs and Bacon, Catan Whooping and Lunch c/o Cafe Press

My last day at M&A's got off to a slightly earlier start, as we wanted to get in a round of Scrabble and Catan before M&A handed me over to C&T. I scrambled the eggs and cooked the bacon, and then we went outside and ate it in their back yard.
M.'s and my game of Scrabble went quite well for me...I started with a bingo, which ended up not being a word...but poor M. didn't challenge me. Oh man. What was it? It was very close to a real word. Alas, I cannot remember. Then, after a slight regrouping, we went on to one final round of Catan. A. had had a rough time of it the night before, and fared better this time around.
But not well enough. I won.

We met up with T&C at Café Presse for lunch. I was still a bit woozy from the alcohol of the previous night so, while all others ordered grown up bloody marys, I went with the virgin variety. Very tasty. I forget that cocktail onions are more pleasing to eat than they look.

I ordered the 'soupe a l'oignion gratinee' and M. and I shared the charcuterie platter, which was infinitely better than the charcuterie of Pair and consisted of Country ham, sausage, terrine, rillette and tongue.


Oh god. It was so good. Why are cured meats and whatnot so damn tasty?
Then M&A drove us back to T&C's and we bid them adieu. What a great first half of my Seattle time (that's right, just the first half). I thank M&A (and Pandora) for all the great conversation, meals and outings!

No comments: