Friday, April 09, 2010

Sushi and Sake c/o Nishino

So, when J. and I arrived back at M&A's A. was quick to offer us refreshing beverages. J. went with a beer, as she had to get back on the road. I went with a gin and tonic, as I did not have to do anything in particular other than enjoy my vacation. J. eventually left and we continued with our second round of cocktails (M. was drinking pernod, which I tried throughout my visit and alternately liked and disliked). Whomever (whoever?) made my second drink wasn't fooling around because I found myself, as we drove to Nishino for dinner, speaking at length and with passion about writing...which, to be frank, I hardly ever do. My point being is that second drink went straight to my head. Once at the restaurant decisions had to be made. A. and I split the house hot sake.
I ordered the seaweed salad. It was great to get a variety of types and the lemon was a nice accent, though, truth be told, I prefer the lightest and stringiest of the three.
M. ordered two rolls, the names and exact content of both I forget entirely. Though the one on the right is definitely salmon, maybe 'tartare'?
A. also ordered rolls that I cannot remember.
I ordered a salmon skin roll and ikura. All was really good, though the sake and the gin defnitely made me a little punchy. Not out of control punchy, don't worry, just, you know, punchy. Punchy. Punchy. Punchy.
Just writing this post makes me want more sushi.

No comments: