Sunday, April 18, 2010

The Paint on the Walls

While I was in Seattle L. finished the trim in my room so that when I returned home it was all ready for me to put everything back together. I had really planned on trying to implement a more permanent tent-bed-fort, but the rearranging of furniture that I thought would look good, ended up looking blocky and stupid. So, I put the bed back where it started, slightly changed the layout of where my desk is positioned, and called it a day. Oh and I bleached my curtains as well as I could. I started sleeping with my head facing the windows, which is the opposite of my customary sleeping style. This change had one positive effect, and one negative. The positive was that when I awoke in the morning, I saw the sun shining through my window and across my feet without it being directly in my eyes, a secondary part of that pretty positive was that the tree outside my window was in full flower, so that was a nice way to wake up.
The negative, as you may be able to make out, is that I, at some point, pressed my dirty, dirty foot up against the wall and left a dirty, dirty footprint on the fresh blue. I didn't have time before going out of town to take care of it, but I imagine that a little soapy water should resolve the issue...and if not, it'll be a reminder of what not to do: have grimy, dirty, warm-outside-walk-around-on-the-deck-with-no-shoes feet.
It sure is pretty though, isn't it? I think so. Major props and thanks go out to L., who still has a crab cake dinner coming to her at some point.

1 comment:

Darts said...

Bluuuuuuue!