Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Carrot Cake Cupcake c/o Cupcake Royale

After lunch, T. suggested that we go to Cupcake Royale to pick up, you guessed it, a cupcake or two. C. and I were a little ambivalent. My main thought, which I vocalized, was 'well, if they have a carrot cake cupcake I'll do it.' So off we went (it wasn't far) and lo and behold! A carrot cake cupcake! C. abstained, and T. ordered a classic cupcake. We then went back to their place and enjoyed our sweets. I should note that, though there is not a single shred of photographic evidence to support this, we played mad crazy amounts of Rock Band. I sang. I drummed. I guitar-ed my little heart out.

Oh, and Wii Mario Kart. OMG. It is such a good thing that I don't have any of these devices in my home. You know hoarders? I'd be like that, except instead of collecting stuff, I'd just---wait, I really didn't think through that thought...I mainly wanted to point out that I watch hoarders and it scares me.

The cupcake was good. Casper tried to eat it, but we didn't let him.

2 comments:

j, foodie blog enthusiast said...

mm, carrot cake. was it the traditional kind with, well, just carrot; or was it the fruity kind with pineapple? i kind of think the pineapple-added kind should have a different name (and i think it does) but i've been fooled before!

hoarders: i love this show because it inspires me to clean my house. the most disturbing episode so far involved the finding of cat mummies. did you happen to catch that gem?

i'm so happy to see all those birding posts, by the way! birders are good people, if i do say so myself!

cc said...

just carrot, yes. i'm not sure i would dig the pineapple (never had it).

hoarders: yes, i keep thinking of the boxes i've been carting around for years that i never open except when i'm about to move again...and the duplicate set of photographs i have from a trip to europe that i keep around because 'maybe someone will want them' but who? whom? nobody, is who/m.

i like birds, wish i had brought the zooooom.