Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Saga

I think I mentioned, at some point in the past, the politics of our building's laundry facilities. But in case that's not true, I'll do a little recap...The machines stopped working. The management company said it was due to vandalism and that, due to the locks being (seemingly) intact, they could only assume it was a resident who was doing the vandalism. The machines would break, the company would fix them and then within days they'd be broken again. The latest letter on our building's door said that two out of four of the washers were fixed and I believe two out of the four dryers as well.

Now that I'm in the home stretch of getting ready for this big European vacation, I thought it was time to do a load of laundry. So I did, using the two working washers. Then I put the wet clothes into the two working dryers, just to realize that one of them wasn't working-its coin slot was jammed. So I loaded everything into the one working dryer, knowing it was going to take a huge amount of time to get everything dry (the boyfriend's clothes were also being washed). The boyfriend came home and I strongly suggested he go get the clothes out of the dryer. When he came back he said that he had to put more money in, I sighed and we began to watch a movie. An hour later the boyfriend got up, went across our courtyard and into the basement then he came back up with all our clothes...which were still wet, you see, because the one 'working' dryer works only in that it will take your quarters and spin your clothing but won't actual dry them. So now our living room is strewn with semi-damp laundry. Urgh.

No comments: