Saturday, May 13, 2006

Chicken Pot, Chicken Pot, Chickenpotpie!!!

Did anyone see that episode of Just Shoot Me where David Cross plays that bald photographer's brother? Yeah, that was funny. For the past couple of weeks whenever the boyfriend and I are around the house and I'm feeling one way or another I say (completely in jest everybody, don't freak out--this is really directed towards the boyfriend's parents and, to a lesser extent, my own--it's a jokey joke!) 'make me a chicken pot pie, bitch'. The boyfriend then looks at me with a cool glare (cousin to an elaborate glare for those of you not in the know) and proceeds to not make me a chicken pot pie. But today! Today I came home to the boyfriend making chicken pot pie...and I didn't even call him bitch (joke people, joke).
Very hearty with potato as its bottom, chock full of gravalicious chicken and veggies.

After my last class of the day--or sort of part of it--the twelve students of the class and our fearless professor considered the situation of the writer in a new setting, mainly Miller's Pub/Bar/Restaurant. We had a pint and ate some fried cheese as well as non-fried cheese. I was sans camera but may be able to post photographs at a latter point in time.

I just got back from an unsuccessful foray into Old Town. I tried to meet up with the girl of black marks/white paper at a bar called The Tequila Roadhouse, but there was a long line and a bunch of idiots in front of me so I gave up and went home. Bleck.

3 comments:

hzdgmg said...

Yes I do remember that episode. Funny stuff.

That looks like good chicken pot pie.

darwinsmoustache.com

Paul said...

Funny, I made the same futile journey. Shame I couldn't get in, but I tried to salvage the journey by going to Art School Confidential at the nearby theater. Not sure if I salvaged it or not though. The movie was strange. Though, there were so many parallels to SAIC, I think it was worth it.

cc said...

The waiting in line part sucked but it was made intolerable, in my view, by the idiots calling every thing in the stationery store next to the bar 'gay'...and talking about how drunk they could get. Bleck. I considered going to a movie but by that point it was past ten and eh.