Thursday, May 04, 2006

Dinner and Hats

For din din I steamed some broccoli and heated up more of the neighbor veggie leftovers. The boyfriend and I each had half of a package of ramen. Filling and yet not horribly guilt inducing...not much...yes sodium...blah.

Today I went downtown a little earlier than my scheduled class to make my first foray into shopping for Royal Ascot. I went to Filene's Basement, H&M and Carson Pirie Scott. I tried a few dresses on at Filene's and was a bit non-plussed but not miserable about it...I ended up buying a linen shirt that will not, in any way, come into play in terms of my Royal Ascot attire, but it was $19.99. H&M was rather depressing in its limited dressy options. A few years back it was my clothing mainstay but these days much less so. Carson Pirie Scott was big and it took me too long to find where they hid all their dresses. But I did try on a few hats and had an internal giggle or two...I mean I'm a little scruffy-wearing jeans, tee shirt and cordoroy jacket and yet I'm trying on these $40 hats and trying to imagine a spring like dress to go with it. Hee hee.

No comments: