Thursday, May 18, 2006

Movies, Mmmmovies

With school out for summer I've been watching my fair share (and somebody else's as well) of movies. Here is a run down.

Rumor Has It, romantic comedy with slightly funny The Graduate reference. Overall not very good but if you're into romantic comedies you might as well watch it. Shirley Maclaine seems a little overrated.
The New World. Cinematically and narratively interesting, you don't exactly get a feel for who the characters are or what, exactly, makes them tick. But it's pretty and quiet and subtle in its way.
TransAmerica. Funny. You kind of forget that Felicity Huffman is a woman, which is, I guess, the point. The actor playing the son was okay but not fantastic. Of this slew of movies I liked this one best.
A Kurdistani (I believe) film with a loose narrative and dramatic landscape. Quirky and quiet.

No comments: