Thursday, May 25, 2006

Look At That

Today, as I was flipping through a Travel supplement of this past Sunday's New York Times, I came across this article. This is interesting because it's all about my old stomping grounds. Well, other people's stomping grounds too, but, like, I know the guy in the bakery photograph. I hung out at the Black Swan. That Gehry monstrosipiece's theater seats' upholstery have MY NAME on them (along with every other student who graduated class of '03). Still. I've been feeling nostalgic for the area Tivoli, Red Hook even, in a perverse way, Kingston. I will find a photograph from my external hard drive. Hold on.
You ever realize that you lived in a really pretty place but you actually took very few photographs of its prettiness? Yeah, I realized that just now. The above photograph is Poet's Walk and the below is one parade or another that went by my Red Hook apartment...the lady with the white hair and old dog was my upstairs neighbor.
I could have sworn I had a few more Hudson Valley Glamour Shots, but I guess not.

2 comments:

Sheena said...

I'm a big fan of the Hudson Valley, after going to Vassar.

I used to drive about 30-40 minutes to Milan to this diner called Another Roadside Attraction. They boasted the best pancakes in Dutchess County (they were pretty damned good), but their coffee, which they roasted themselves, was worth the trip on its own. I can't tell you how heartbroken I was to schlep out there after my junior year abroad to find the place boarded up and closed indefinitely.

cc said...

I always meant to go there...every time I ventured towards the Taconic, I'd say to myself "I hear they have a good breakfast" and yet by the time I got myself ready to go...well, you know how it ends.