Sunday, May 28, 2006

Ramble Ramble

On Friday night the boyfriend and I watched the two netflix movies that have been sitting on top of our television for a few days. The first movie was picked by the boyfriend and it was called The Acid House. It was not very good. Or, maybe it was good but not at all appealing-which, to me, is pretty much the same thing as not being very good. There were lots of gross yicky things including, but not limited to, old people having incredibly dirty sex, vomit, poop, animatronic babies saying dirty things and ick.
The other movie was my choice and compared to The Acid House it was a freakin' masterpiece. Compared to, say, a lot of other movies, it was just okay. It's very much in the Indian Summer/The Big Chill niche of films...college friends reuniting in a beautiful house over some problem or another and rehashing then resolving issues. There were a few funny one liners and that's all I can say.
It's a very hot day here in Chicago. Or it was a very hot day and now it's a very hot night. I meant to go to the beach today to train up for tomorrow when I will triumph over exploded views and win two dollars for fully immersing myself in Lake Michigan. But it's so hot I never quite went. Now the boyfriend has gone fishing and I thought I would do a little blogging.

Last night was a late one which culminated in she-who-has-no-blog, exploded views, the boyfriend and I having food at The Golden Nugget at 2 or 3 in the morning. I had the chicken fried steak as did the boyfriend. Perfection. Oh it's so hot. So very, very hot.

On Tuesday I'm going to call the camera place and see about the chances of getting the camera back before I depart in eight days.

I'm still looking for hats and a pair of white shoes.

I watched 60 minutes today and was made sad by all the Iraq veterans' stories of losing limbs, pieces of skulls and mobility. Very sad (duh, cc).

Very hot.

For dinner I used some of the barbeque sauce I made a while back on some chicken and steamed some brussels sprouts.

Very, very hot.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

still looking for white shoes? I saw a lot of them at Nordstrom

cc said...

I was just at Nordstrom this very day, anonymous! But I didn't get any shoes...just a white hat. Though I did get a pair of white shoes today as well...I've been trying to find a photograph of them on line but haven't been able to.

Thanks for the heads up though.