Sunday, May 14, 2006

Catch The Hama Matsu Fantastic

Last night the boyfriend and I had an early dinner at Hama Matsu. The boyfriend had a squid salad.
I had the oysters sunomono.
The boyfriend had toro nigiri and I had ikura and wasabi tobikko. The sushi chef hadn't understood that I wanted soley the green stuff, so the boyfriend got to try the tobikko trifecta.
A close up on the toro.
We also shared two sushi molds...one spicy and one not with the main ingredient being white tuna...mmm, white tuna.
I liked the less spicy one better, their spicy sauce/accoutrement was not quite to my liking, though not overly spicy or hot eyes begin to water inducing.

2 comments:

J said...

I told Seth yesterday that next time you're in town, I promise to get up and go to dim sum with you guys. After nearly a year of reading your blog, I need to experience the apparent joy that is dim sum with Caroline.

cc said...

Alas, when I come I won't be there on a Sunday. But we should have some sort of meal...or at least beer...talk to Seth he knows my dates.