Tuesday, May 30, 2006

First White Hair

On Saturday the boyfriend and I, along with most all of the usual suspects, went to a graduation party of a 'dude' from our program. He and his girlfriend called it the 'dude-a-thon' and played movies with dude in the title whilst serving white russians and cake that looked like a hamburger. At some point during this party I went to the bathroom and as I was washing my hands and checking my face out I noticed a white hair! A white hair! I found this both exciting and appalling. And I feel like a number of people either made comments or faces to the effect of: she's making a big deal out of one white hair, what the hell is she going to do when we tell her they all go that way eventually...still, this is a sure sign of my impending doom. Doom...DOOM! Or not.
When I googled 'my first white hair', none of the images on the first page were very interesting nor on the next seven. It wasn't until I found this site, that I felt I had a winner. The site is filled with photographs of some guy's dogs having confrontations (none bloody that I saw) with mountain lions, thus the photograph above. What it has to do with the hairs in my head is irrelevant. Also, just for the truth of it, there's some guy in my building who is either an opera singer or really wants to be one and what, with all our windows open, we can regularly hear him singing his scales...it's a little weird.

No comments: