Friday, May 19, 2006

Edgewater Lounge?

Yesterday afternoon I spent most of my day reading the latest V.I. Warshawski mystery (which I will finish after this post) and generally being a layabout. Mousehead and she-who-has-no-blog gave me a call and invited me to join them at Edgewater Lounge...I'm not actually sure that's the place's name, it's at Ashland and Bryn Mawr. When I first arrived in Chicago with my parents, we stayed at Heart O' Chicago Motel which was relatively near this little bar...so we had dinner out on its patio one night. The outside of the place makes it seem run down and possibly closed but inside it bustled with business and not scary clientele. She-who-has-no-blog had a $4 burger and I had the chicken satay (I'm not sure why I thought that was a good idea, but at the time I did). The burger seemed to fill the friend up and the chicken satay was okay but nothing to write home about. The atmosphere and beer, on the other hand, were quite nice and I'm sure we'll all go back.

No comments: