Tuesday, December 06, 2005

Two Movies

The other night the boyfriend and I watched Kinsey. A most interesting movie about Al Kinsey bug professor turned sex guru. Laura Linney plays Kinsey's wife and is amazing. Peter Sarsgaard plays Kinsey's protege. Generally good. A little long. And, of course, with any movie based on a real person I wonder how accurate it is. But so yeah.


Some other night we watched Nobody Knows. A Japanese movie about four siblings abandoned by their mother. The preview for this movie described this movie as 'about hope'. Somehow, from the trailer, I was under the impression that this movie would be sad but uplifting in the end. In fact I think maybe uplifting was even used in the trailer. I could be wrong about that. The point is that this movie was beautful and subtle and I recommend it...but it was not, in any way, 'uplifting'. It was down right sad. Good. But sad.

1 comment:

cc said...

I forgot to mention this, but it's kind of important: there's a little full frontal action with Peter Sarsgaard.