Friday, December 16, 2005

Davis Street Fish Market Part 2

Last night the boyfriend, pigtailed purple ball face and I went to Davis Street Fish Market. The boyfriend and I shared a dozen oysters...wonderfully cold and delightful in my mouth...though I wish they were a little more New Orleanian (sp?) in their horseradish portions.
I ordered the Baltimore crab cakes and, as always, realized that I should never order crab cakes from any restaurant because they always (and seriously folks I mean ALWAYS) pale in comparison to the crab cakes my mother makes. These weren't horrible but they were disappointing. See, when I think crabcakes I think whole lumps of tasty crab...not shredded and over seasoned until you can't actually be sure it was crab in the first place. Ah Me.
I still think Davis Street Fish Market is a great place. But I think for the best possible dining experience there you should stick to the more straight forwardly cooked fish (like lobster or oysters) and stray away from fish that have too many ingredients tacked on to them.

No comments: