Friday, December 16, 2005

The Sovereign

After dinner in Evanston we headed back south for a drink or two at The Sovereign...which I kept wanting to call Souvenir. This picture has nothing to do with the post, but doesn't it keep everything interesting?

While the boyfriend was parking the car pigtailed purple ball face and I stood at the bar waiting for our turn for drinks. I had never been to Sovereign before, she had...she was surprised by the number of people in the place...all seats were taken, she said that usually there weren't more ten people. A guy asked us if we had just arrived, we nodded, and he bought us our drinks without an iota of sleaziness (he had just purchased a round for the entire bar). The boyfriend came, we waited patiently and eventually got a place to sit, I finished my beer and needed another one. So I went up to the counter and asked for two bottles of PBR (high class I know...my first beer was a Heineken is that any form of redemption?). The bartender came back and said if I could guess the suit and number of the playing cards that were underneath the bottles' caps, he would give me the beer for free. I guessed jack of hearts and two of puppy dog feet...and got the two of puppy dog feet correct! I will take a picture later.

No comments: