Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Mushroom & Spinach Lasagna c/o Me

This, right here, is the mushroom and spinach lasagna I made last Sunday. Or the Sunday before last Sunday. It was not without its labor. I sauteed the mushrooms with garlic and a Vidalia onion. I made my best approximation of Bechamel sauce. Which I think others call white gravy. And I put spinach in the Cuisinart with olive oil and salt and lemon. And parmesan cheese.
I boiled the noodles before putting them in the casserole. When I've used the 'use them dry' lasagna noodle products, the noodles are never properly soft all around the final product. They dry out if not in direct contact with copious amounts of liquid.
Some of the mushrooms I kept as cut, but others I pureed to mix in with the mozzarella and bechamel element on each layer. I alternated layers so that all had a Bechamel, mozzarella and mushroom component, but that some had a higher concentration of the spinach mixture.
The whole thing needed a little salt. But I have to say it was pretty good.

1 comment:

nc catherine said...

Oh yummy. I would not have thought about pureeing the spinach, most excellent idea. Can I have a piece now???