Thursday, August 24, 2006

Yellow Red

Yesterday I got a little accomplished. Not as much as I could have and I'm not kidding about 'a little'. But I did eat. In the end there seemed to be a theme, a color scheme that is. For lunch I made English Muffin Pizzas just like I learned to make in 6th grade home ec class...only with cheddar cheese instead of mozzarella.
And for dinner I used the two languishing corn cobs to make a corn something er other...corn off the cob, two tomatoes, butter, salt, hot pepper flakes, parmesan cheese and one tablespoon sour cream. Tasty.
With the boyfriend away I've been living a life of abject television watching. It's bad. It's really bad. The other night I watched a Primetime Special on blonde racist twins who sing about how great it is to hate everybody. Yesterday afternoon I watched I Love Lucy--Lucy tried to pass off a 25 hunk of cheese as a baby while on an international flight. I always whine about the boyfriend's strong objection to television watching and thus rebel whenever he's away. But, I admit, this is going overboard. Good thing that today is the Writing Program's orientation...I don't really need to be oriented but they give you a free meal and booze, can't beat that.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

English muffin pizzas! I haven't had those in years. They look so yummy. I've seen that special about the twins, and the only thing I can remember is that they have a little sister named Dresden. Or is that what they call themselves?

Jennifer

Jenerator said...

You could have free booze, free food and television?? Now THAT'S what I call being oriented...

I made some corn and potato chowder for dinner, it's a weight watchers recipe but it was still good....

I think the girls are called Prussian Blue (or something like that - because of their eye color).

Ted said...

Those twins are f*cked up!