Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Din Din Dinnnner!

Last night for dinner the boyfriend made a salad and I made Tom Yum soup. Now, I'd like to say that I made the soup from scratch. But I didn't. So I won't say that. Instead I used the miraculous Tom Yum soup starter from a jar that I found in our local Asian Grocery store. It's amazing! Tastes just like any restaurant soup. We didn't have shrimp at hand so instead I added some ramen noodles and garnished it with cilantro.
The salad consisted of tomatoes and greens from the boyfriend's work community garden. Also there were olives, they came from jars. And blue cheese, it was Roquefort or St. Augur (sp?), I'm not sure which, that was the boyfriend's domain. Oh and little purple flowers from the garden as well. Dessert was ice cream and Kix!

No comments: