Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Don't Watch Bride And Prejudice, It's As Good As Its Title

Last night the girl with no blog invited the boyfriend and I (along with mousehead and exploded viewer and another guy who I don't think has a blog either) to her place for dinner with her father. We ordered a large amount of food from Thai Pastry and it was really good. We ordered Phad Thai, Pad See Ew, Catfish with Hot Pepper, Green Curry, Red Curry, Fried Tofu and a few other things.
For whatever reason I found it very hard to take a photograph of my plate of food without it being blurry. I think it was the low light.
We got home and I thought it would be a good idea to watch Bride And Prejudice since it had arrived c/o Netflix. I was wrong. I got one hour and thirty six minutes into the movie (I began to fast forward through the very long, not lyrically good, musical/dance scenes) before calling quits. A take on Pride and Prejudice but in India, London and California, this movie's actors and actresses were not all that great. The first dance/singing number was good and I sort of got into the Austen musical concept. But as it went on I got tired of it. The man who played Darcy was very, very bad. Ugh. Don't watch it. Don't be like me!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Caroline:
Have some photos to forward of trip. Is it too late for food ones? Have been unrelentingly working with D and R to get our addition done for inspection. Fond memories of our trip. Would like to share. What's best e-mail for you? Mine's hubby's initial capitalized, last name and comcast.
B

G said...

I agree. terrible movie.