Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Lunch Yesterday

Meals of yesterday included a soup: two miso packets plus one portion of udon noodles all thanks to Golden Pacific Market. Surprisingly good for a bunch of prepackaged things thrown together. Mmm, udon noodles feel like worms in my throat...but in a really satisfying way...I never ate worms as a child, for the record.
Later on I toasted an Raisin English Muffin and put cream cheese on it. Sweet, but not overly sweet. Back in the day I liked me my Dunkin Donuts cinnamon raisin bagel with strawberry cream cheese-now that was overly sweet.
School approaches and I'm attempting to solidify my syllabus for the class I'll be teaching. The problem is that I was a little overeager about all the books I wanted the kids to read...but I don't have enough time for them to read all of them if I'm to only give them fifty pages a week. This is problematic because I've never excerpted books before and I'm not sure how to do it without making the reading process a bit schizophrenic. I'm making up writing assignments that seem very "English classy", compare contrast type stuff...but hopefully not mind numbingly boring or repetitive. Yipes!

Last night the boyfriend and I almost went to Marigold Restaurant for a little Indian dinner. Unfortunately/fortunately we didn't get the opportunity as it is closed on Mondays. The menu made it clear that it's not straight-up Indian but gourmet Indian and that's not necessarily bad but it's not what I was looking for last night. Instead I had scrambled eggs with cheese and salsa.

No comments: