Monday, August 07, 2006

Playlists and Mail Deliveries

Taking a page from M. Lady who took it from someone else's book I bring you a ten song random itunes playlist for the day which has gone a little something like'a this:

2)Safe and Sound- Hawksley Workman
3)California One/Youth and Beauty Brigade- The Decemberists
4)Por Fragoi- Sigur Ros
5)Italian Leather Sofa-Cake
6)Can I Join Your Band-The Creation
7)I'm Sorry I Love You- The Magnetic Fields
8)Pussycat-Missy Elliot
9)Stoneface- Veruca Salt
10)How The West Was Won-Howling Maggie

Also I got the below item in the mail today care of my mother. Very few of you will understand the full hilarity of this but I share it with you any way.

6 comments:

cc said...

whoops, number one was Help Me Rhonda sung by the Langley School of Music. Amazing, really.

tobs said...

oh my god. oh my god. surely there's some further story about this. oh my god.

cc said...

Alls I can say is that my mother told me she was sending me something funny and kind of sad in the mail. The sadness comes that she found this item in the town hospitality shop, the funniness is, once again, pretty self-explanatory. What I'm not sure about is whether I tell JDF that I am now the proud owner of this curiosity.

tobs said...

so let me understand. i trust the hospitality shop is some kind of thrift store? and they have a picture of john dudley fort in some costume... and the picture was just in the store. is that where we're at here?

cc said...

The hospitality shop is a kind of thrift store, run by the oldest ladies in town, it's where I got my pair of Prada shoes for a dollar (yes a dollar!). Why they have the photograph is either because it was given to them at the time of costuming wee little JDF or his family was cleaning out their attic and decided that the mememento was no longer just the thing. I'm thinking maybe the former?
That's where I am.

Anonymous said...

OK, maybe no one will backtrack to even read this , but I'm quite sure this picture, and really, I'm sorry I didn't send the frame, a cheap metal job with a drapery hook jammed in as a hanger, has been hanging in the shop for eons, or at least since the subject was in the production. I don't know why I never saw it hanging but clearly it's a funny advertisement for the shop. mc