Monday, August 21, 2006

Fiesta Mexicana Off The Lawrence Red Line

After our expensive drinks (mine was called, I'm sorry to say, the bikini martini) we went up to Landmark Century Theater to watch Little Miss Sunshine (which was pretty darn good, I do declare). Afterwards I had an insatiable desire for a margarita and a chile relleno. This was thwarted by the place nearby that I thought would quench the need being closed. But! With perserverance comes reward...we went to Fiesta Mexicana and got a 1/2 pitcher of margaritas, chille rellenos for me and quesadillas for chummerstein.

For whatever reason the lady who took our order and then gave us the bill included a complimentary shot with the check. I'm guessing this may be because I was taking photographs of the food, or because the combined beauty of me and my friend was just too much to take. Either way the shot, kahlua and cream I think, was appreciated and I do feel like I should tell you a little more about the food. It was good. I had dined there once before for lunch, months ago, and hadn't been overly impressed. But I did order a chimichanga and I'm realizing that I never like chimichangas so it wasn't fair to write this place off on that basis. Having never had authentic Mexican food I can't vouch on its authenticity but its chile relleno was just to my liking...large, stuffed with cheese, moist and saucified. The chum seemed satisfied with her meal as well. So, yeah, good place.

No comments: