Thursday, August 10, 2006

Posty Post

Ah the farmshare/community garden life. Among the last haul of the farmshare veggies was a medium sized eggplant. When I was younger I didn't like the idea of eggplant, then a friend (let's call him Patsy) made eggplant parmagiana at my house during college and I realized the stuff wasn't so bad if breaded and topped with sauce and cheese. I've grown up a little since then and am becoming more and more amazed by the versatility of the eggplant. Eggplant is in ratatouille and serves the dish well. Last night I made an eggplant, cherry tomato and green onion salad garnished/flavored with basil, garlic, balsamic vinegar and chopped up capers. Technically I should have 'grilled' the eggplant but I wasn't up to that. Instead I simply sauteed them in our wonderful cast iron frying pan (thanks mom!).

So I'm trying to understand whether this is a permanent ban on carry on luggage/liquid of any kind on planes and whether it only applies to flights from Heathrow or if it's going international. I guess it doesn't apply to me all that much, I have no plans to fly.

It is awfully gloomy outside. Very dark and ominous and all that shizz. I need to go grocery shopping so I can finally get back into the Chicagoist food game. I'm thinking about making bread and then a sandwich out of it using Margaux Sky's new cookbook...I got a complimentary copy because I write for Chicagoist, I'm glad that it all looks interesting or I would be confused as to whether I was obligated to to write about it or not.

No comments: