Friday, August 25, 2006

Orientation

Yesterday I went downtown to the SAIC ballroom for a little orientation celebration. Okay there wasn't all that much celebration...there was no booze, I was misinformed on that score. But there was food. Thai food. Little fried dumplings, phad thai and fried rice.
And there were people telling us things. I feel like last year there were a lot more people at this thing...far more second years (now I'm a second year and I think there were about ten of us out of a possible 30-40) and far fewer first years. But it was a good wake up call. I'm getting the distinct feeling that school is about to start back up, or something. Weird.
Today I have much to accomplish. Most of our books are off of the shelves and into boxes, but not all. And now I'm wondering if the dreaded time has come to take a good look in my closet and maybe do something about it. Ugh. Dread.

No comments: