Friday, August 18, 2006

Viceroy For Us

On Wednesday the boyfriend and I went up to Devon Avenue and had ourselves some Indian food at Viceroy of India. (Factoid I know that has nothing to do with food: Viceroy butterflies are called that because they look exactly like the monarch butterfly but aren't actually as important...like viceroys in ol' time Spain...I don't know why I know that but I really like that I do). We were given all the little sauces that are so nice to put on things...though I always wonder if I'm using them appropriately, pretty sure not.
We ordered the bhindi masala (okra!) and lamb gosht, we also had veggie samosas, lemon pickle and one sublime mango lassi. Without even meaning to, we had a very low spiced meal. Or rather, there were many spices but non of them were the hot-in -my-mouth kind...except for the lemon pickle. Mmmm, lemon pickle.

No comments: