Friday, September 09, 2005

The Woodsman's Daughter

I just finished reading The Woodsman's Daughter by Gwyn Hyman Rubio. It is told mostly from the perspective of Dalia Miller, a (get this) woodsman's daughter turned dentist's wife/widow turned lawyer's wife. You also get the perspective of her father, the woodsman, who I think may have been the most interesting character in the book. The story takes place in southern Georgia (if you have never been to southern Georgia, you should go) and I liked it. The end.


I keep on wanting to write more informative/substantial/better written 'reviews' but see no way of doing that without wrecking the story. Perhaps with the next book I'll just lay it all out. Who knows.

I had Spanish Rice for lunch. I didn't take a picture. Sorry.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Actually I think the best reviews are the ones that have some interesting take on the reviewed material without focusing too much on the plot. For instance reviewing a film and focusing on the cinematography or relationships without dwelling on the actions that push the story, which to me aren't that important anyways. So, I think you should do that.

~Hanlon