Saturday, September 03, 2005

Lincoln Park Zoo















So, instead of a)seeing corpses or b)watching a movie I c)went to the Lincoln Park Zoo. This zoo is special for a number of reasons, today it was special (and every day it is special) because it is FREE.

You may be wondering why I have devoted so much space to pretty much the same photograph...I encourage you to look closer and realize (as I did) that the scene depicted is in fact gorilla sex. Yes, ladies and gentleman, today I witnessed two gorillas getting it on. It was actually quite spectacular, a few mothers led their children away, but most just enjoyed the view.

I think it was the highlight of my day.

Also went to a bar/restaurant called Galway Arms where the service was less than perfect (we weren't given silverware until half way through the meal and the food wasn't so great (the chicken soup had no actual chicken in it).

No comments: