Thursday, September 08, 2005

Andie's Restaurant in Andersonville

Today, for lunch, I went to Andie's Restaurant in Andersonville. I sat outside and was served by Carrie. I know her name is Carrie because she scrawled her name on my paper table top when she came and asked me if I wanted anything to drink. She seemed a little short tempered and seemed put out when I asked how much the beer was...she didn't know.
I had the house Greek salad and a falafel sandwich. The salad was a little disappointing as it only had one olive. Carrie's temperament seemed to lighten a little after another member of the staff noticed that I was taking pictures of the salad...I believe they thought I was a real live critic, I wish. The sandwich came with home made chips which were very good and crisp, not overly salty in the least...and sliced very very thin. The falafel itself was also tasty and the tahini dressing better than good.

Later tonight I'm going to join other writing graduate students at a departmental get together...I'm hoping that someone will talk to me or encourage me to talk to them. We shall see, at least the beer will be free for the first hour.

No comments: