Thursday, September 01, 2005

Orientation Reception


Behold the festivities. Fine falafel and hummus had by all. Met a few new people. Learned a bit about the school's many many resources. It's a little overwhelming-all these things I could/should be involved in. There are so many exhibition spaces, publications and general creative buzzes...My greatest fear is that I won't get involved but second to that is I'll get involved but in too many things.

Today I had my first class (had to get up at 7:30 to get to class by 9:00), Popular Arts and Culture. The professor was positively fascinating and 'eccentric'. She proposed we go on a field trip to Memphis to see Graceland, the Peabody Ducks and eat ribs. I'm game. We saw a film called Cannibal Tours...a documentary on tourism in Papua New Guinea...funny and sharp. I reccomend it, perhaps I'll even find a link for it.

No comments: