Wednesday, September 07, 2005

Beets and Spinach

Behold the glory of beets and spinach.

Ahead of time (in my case a day ahead): boil beets so they are cooked through and through.

Day of (in my case yesterday):
Use skillet with approximately 1 and 1/2 olive oil or butter (depending on your level of fat-tastic). Cut up one clove garlic and sautee for about two minutes. Add beets, cut as you like (cubed, sliced, cubed and sliced). Add spinach after about three-five minutes, add more oil or butter if need be. Stir beets and spinach until spinach has wilted but not turned to complete mush...lower heat and add a teaspoon of salt, stir another minute. Put into dish and add a splash of balsamic vinegar.

Eat it.

Today I went to Pontiac Cafe and listened to the Beastie Boys, Missy Elliot and more hipster type music whilst drinking a beer and reading about tourism.

This was followed by my first (ever) stitch and bitch meeting. Where I may have met some people to play Settler's of Catan with. That is exciting.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I've got to say while that dish looks very festive a la the Yuletide season I do not find it appetizing. Perhaps this is due to my reviling of vegetables.

~Hanlon