Thursday, September 02, 2010

Oysters and Soft Shell Crabs c/o Fins Fish House and Raw Bar

For dinner we went to Fins Fish House and Raw Bar. I wanted a round of oysters (even if August doesn't have an 'r' in it) and so while we waited for a table I slurped down a variety that included Taunton Bays and Misty Points. Honestly I couldn't really discern as much of a difference as I usually can.
A few different appetizers were tried, this was a potato skin stuffed with seafood and then topped with cheese. As much as I should have loved this, I was not all that impressed.
Though I had made crab cakes the night before and should have been able to resist the call of fried seafood, the soft shell special just called out to me with such vehemence that there was nothing to be done but choose macaroni and cheese and broccoli as my sides.
They were good. Very good. I never fry my soft shells quite as vigorously as restaurants do, but in this case I wasn't disappointed.
Then we returned to camp, drank a fair amount of beer, built a fire we didn't need (well, I had nothing to do with the actual construction of the fire but all those of us near it realized that it was actually already a pretty hot night) and played a game with 10 in the title. It was like rummy and uno combined, Power of Ten? Ten Power? Something like that. I think we ended up calling it a night before any person could be officially declared a winner, though I'm pretty sure that it wouldn't have been me no matter what. Here is a photograph of the folks trying out my suggestion for a surefire way to avoid a double chin.

2 comments:

SK-S said...

I would like this food!

SK-S said...

I would like this food!

There's an Acme here....