Friday, September 24, 2010

Phillies vs Nationals in Excellent Seats c/o Cousin C.

Last Friday my cousin C., whom I haven't seen since her wedding a good number of years ago, contacted me via a social networking site to ask me if I was interested in accompanying her and her husband to a Phillies game the next day. I had no plans, and haven't been to a game this season, so I said yes. Turns out I was in for a treat, as the tickets weren't for your run of the mill upper level seats...no...these seats were seven rows back from homeplate and a spit's throw away from the Phillies' dugout. I brought my zoom lens camera and took a lot of 'eh' photographs. Let's look at them, shall we?

This is Werth and Ibanez low fiving after Werth hit a home run...I think.
This is Werth spitting. You see? Man is he a grump.
Click on this picture and tell me whether maybe he is actually looking at me. I can't decide. There are three pictures in this series, and two of them he is clearly not looking at me, but this one...hmmm. Grump.
Ryan Howard throwing his bat gently after hitting a home run...I think.
Utley coming home with Howard behind him because, in fact, I was right and he had hit a home run.
I liked that Howard would actually smile when he did good, unlike other grumps.


What I did like that Werth did was this sexy, provocative hip thrust thing.
We were in the 'Diamond Club' section of the stadium, which meant that our tickets were pre-programmed to give us food and beer. Kind of. I tried the fancy short rib panini with fontina cheese. I think I would have been more satisfied with a dog. You live and learn.

The Phanatic also liked to thrust its hips.
It's all good, I'm just running and throwing a bat, no need to act like it's a big deal. I am a grizzly grump.

At some point there was some sort of confusion about something, so all the players stood around while it was sorted out. Here is Howard on first base, talking with the enemy.

I look fatter faced than I'd prefer, but here it is, the proof that I was, in fact, at the game.
Grateful thanks goes to my cousin C. for thinking of me, and her husband for being the sort of person who is given such swank tickets for free!

1 comment:

nc catherine said...

Grizzled Grumpy of the good hip thrust is definitely staring at you. Cute cute hair! Good choice.