Thursday, September 02, 2010

Cape Henlopen Walkabout

Sunday morning we all took a little walk. We went to one of the watch towers and climbed up to its top for a view. The view included a number of pine cone/rock art works. Art? Something works.
I mean, this does take vision and planning. But how does one decided to go camping at the beach and then say to themselves 'you know what I'd really like to do? I'd like to gather a lot of pine cones and pine needles and construct a larger than life image of a deck of cards.' I don't know. I'm impressed with the craft, but not with the actual idea.



Then C. and J. and I played a little more cards while the rest of their posse went back to the beach.
After that they all packed up and drove off into the early afternoon. There was talk of stopping at Hooters, but that may have been a joke.

No comments: