Tuesday, September 07, 2010

Breakfast Before Tubing

So, Mr. Ass and I went tubing last year and whenever we met up or communicated over the summer we both agreed that it would have to be done again. To me it made perfect sense to combine my visit to M.'s with this tubing venture, and so Monday morning started with pancakes, eggs and bacon and then proceeded to tubing.
Though I am an idiot in a lot of ways, I knew better than to bring my camera with me, so proof of our three hour journey down the Delware only exists in the form of the photographs I took upon our return to the parking lot. You can't even see the gross food we ate at the 'Hot Dog Man Stand' halfway through the journey.
I'm rather proud of my use of sunscreen, as I did not experience any burning. Though my knees are definitely more freckled.
After this we all headed our separate ways. It's always sad to say gooodbyeeeeeee.
I think next year we may try to forgo paying anyone for the privilege of tubing and simply invest in tubes and drive two cars.

1 comment:

nc catherine said...

Definitely buy tubes and drive two cars. The purchase of tubes is on my list. We have two cars and two drivers and even a car lighter-powered air pump to repump the tubes if we deflate them for automobile portage...I somehow think the Delaware is a better float than the Dan River, maybe, but the Dan is what we have!

We did a kayak float on Sunday. It was good. The kayak shuttle driver dissed tubers as a lower life form, but hey sometimes ya just gotta get in a tube and float. I want to do one last tube float, on the New River this summer as summer ends....maybe.