Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Fake Reuben c/o Mugshots

Since moving to Philadelphia I have found myself in a rather vicious cycle. The main qualities of this cycle are the fact that during the summer I lose some fattyness and feel good about myself...and then fall comes, my work gets busy and they start paying for meals. Ugh. How DARE they! Yes, I'm blaming my employers for the inevitable weight gain and self-hate that accompanies free sandwiches, pizza, curry and pasta. Sad. While I'm trying to be better this season and make smarter choices and eat smaller portions, a girl still has to eat. On some day last week we ordered from Mugshots. I thought I'd try something completely new and tried their vegan reuben. It certainly made me feel healthier than a lot of other choices, but I didn't actually like it all that much. Tempeh, or seitan, whichever, just isn't that great, and a Reuben without cheese? What's the point. So, to conclude, the sandwich made me feel less bad than if I had gotten something with cheese and bacon, and that's really the best thing I can say about it.

No comments: