Sunday, September 05, 2010

Walk, Kebobs and Catan

Later on Saturday M., A. and I (along with Panda and Ella) took a little walkabout.

After our walkabout M. concocted a tomato, mozzarella and avocado snacky.

I took these photographs of myself in the midst of a bocci game. Or maybe right after it. Or right before it? I think I look pretty great, so I'm posting them though there is no real narrative or food aspect to them. I used a photo technique of some kind. Basically as long as the thing that you're taking a photograph of stays the same speed as the camera, you get a great whirly background. Or, put another way, I was spinning and taking photographs of myself.
A. and M. thought kebobs would be a good protein dinner that night. And they flattered me with their kind words about the marinade I concocted for similar chicken skewers in Seattle.
A. took main control of the barbeque, though perhaps it was a team effort. Oh, and I beat them in bocci ball. Broccoli and brown rice cous cous was also on offer.
M.'s mother made a really fantastic, from scratch (no cans) pumpkin pie.
Then Catan was played. Oh man. The fact is this: I taught M. and A. how to play Catan..........and now M. is some sort of crazy champion. She was red. I was blue. A. was white. If you don't play Catan, you don't care about this...but do you see the WALL OF M.?! Girl has surpassed me. I'm not saying I can't get my mojo back, but I am going to say that it won't be easy.

2 comments:

Huckleberry said...

I get a slight motion sickness just by looking at those two photographs.
And no, I can't read books in cars. There have been ... incidents.

cc said...

That is so sad. One of my favorite past times back in the days when I wasn't driving and didn't feel required to entertain a driver was reading and reading and reading.

It is also a shame because I look so fantastic in those photographs and yet looking at them makes you want to puke.

Alas.