Saturday, September 04, 2010

Oysters and Tuna c/o Fins

On Sunday I called M. to check in about a plan we had for later in the week. This call ended up with me convincing her that coming to the beach was something she might like to do. I think I really sold it with the dolphins. And my company. And the fact that this would be the only opportunity for her to see the Atlantic Ocean before returning to Seattle. On Monday she called with the intention of not coming, but the dolphins swayed her. So she came and we went to Fins and had dinner at the upstairs bar. This time I had half a dozen beau soleils and half a dozen of Taunton Bays (I think).
C. and J.'s friend E. had ordered the tuna when we went to dinner, and it had looked incredible. So I decided that is what I wanted to eat. It was seared and very rare, with a little ginger and wasabi. I ate the entire thing.
The grits tasted weird but the black bean and corn relish was pretty tasty.
A lovely evening. After dinner we returned to the campsite, built a fire that didn't take over an hour to catch and drank beer. Oh! And M. got around to telling me that she and A. are engaged. Wooo!

No comments: