Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Puppies, Bowling and Dinner

L. and C. got a puppy! Meet Cowboy. This was the first time I met him and it was only for a short time, but I can tell you he's a cutie, and his back end wiggles and wags to its own drum.

When L. and C. came to the Barbeque of the Broken Glass there was talk of going bowling and even fake days and times discussed, but neither party got around to really acting on the idea until earlier this month. When L. and I went to dinner the idea of bowling came back up and, basically, it was decided that we were going bowling...even though L. isn't that big a fan of bowling. When we arrived at the alley I think she said that the last time she had bowled was in 1998.
We played three games and drank beer and ate tater tots. I bowled really poorly. I think I was overconfident as a result to my work bowling experience. I get better with practice. I think.

This is us bowling. Or that was what I believe we were pretending to do. Maybe? I don't think either of us look like that when we're actually bowling.
Also recreating moves from bowling, without the ball. And random guy with his own ball and shoes giving L. bunny ears.

After bowling (L. got better, C. was good, I disappointed myself and didn't break 100...or even hit it at all. Sad face.) we had dinner at North Third. I should have had a burger as C. and L. recommended, but after Village Whiskey I just knew it would disappoint. So I went down an even harder road and ordered the soft shell crab sandwich. I shouldn't have. Most all crab-related things, I just have to accept that I do them better. I am boasting. I am really only saying that I like the way I fry softshell crabs better. The crab itself was so breaded that you had a good half a thumb nail or more worth of batter before you hit crab, and then the thick bread. In some ways it was more like a bread sandwich. I just ate the crab and left the bread. I liked the pickle though. That was a damn good pickle.

No comments: