Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Pizza and Pizza

Last week I made my way over to C.'s for a round of laundry, pizza, wine and puppy. Except puppy is really dog. We don't mix things up on these nights, sticking to our winning formula of pepperoni and mushrooms. We do mix our wines up a little, actually, but they're always of the big bottled variety. This time around C. bought a 'Moscato,' which, unfortunately, neither of us much cared for...though we did make it slightly better by adding lime flavored seltzer water to it...the problem being that it was too sweet, so the tart and bubbly seltzer helped cut down that cloying sweetness. Lesson learned. Still, a nice evening.

2 comments:

nc catherine said...

Oh the Moscato mistake! I made the same error in judgement, thinking wow this is a good price for a big bottle of white wine that I can ice down super cold and drink while the summer goes on and on. Well I did drink it, we were at the beach and it was hot and the wine was super cold but WOW too sweet indeed. A work colleague who drinks maybe a half a glass every third full moon said all her girlfriends loved this...I shouldda taken note and guessed that it was sweet...swwweeet yeah sweet.

Claire said...

UGH SO SWEET. All I wanted was a cold, cold wine...but you're right. lesson learned.