Wednesday, September 08, 2010

Cocktails and Charcuterie c/o James

I wanted to share a few eating experiences with M. and A. during their time on the East Coast and expressed this desire to M. earlier in the summer. After our beach and country time M. asked me if I was sick of her, and whether coming to Philly still made sense. I asked if she was sick of me. She responded no, so I said we should keep it going. A. couldn't come because of work, but M. arrived after work on the first and we bussed it on down to James for cocktails and charcuterie. I ordered a drink that involved tea and other things, but I can't tell you exactly what because it's not on their online cocktail menu. It was good, not as sweet as some things I like, but refreshing. M. ordered their gin martini with blue cheese stuffed olives. Those olives, those olives were stuffed with magic. I know this because M. was generous enough to let me try one.
These olives weren't bad either.
We came to James with a purpose, and that purpose was to eat their charcuterie plate. While their menu is full of appealing things, we didn't bother perusing it, as we knew that we had a second destination on the horizon.
The plate didn't disappoint. Mmmmm. That stuff in the little glass bowl was ridiculously good, and their pate had cherries in it. Oh! And they also had pickled cherries, which were surprising in their vinegary tartness. The pickled beets and carrots were also entirely satisfying. Just a ridiculously beautiful plate. I want to go and eat it all the time. All. The. Time. I tell you.

No comments: