Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Dinner c/o Franco's Trattoria

Awhile back I purchased a Groupon for $15. The deal was that my groupon would then be worth $30 worth of food and drink at Franco's Trattoria. So, when L. and I were communicating about our next play date, I thought that perhaps it was time to redeem the goods. So that is what we did. On Wednesday we drove on over to East Falls during rush hour, as we wanted to be old lady eaters, and sat outside to get our eat on. While we probably should have just gone with wine by the glass, we ended up buying a bottle of the Pinot Noir, which was nice.

We split a spinach salad with onions, artichokes and tomatoes. I liked it, especially the lemon vinaigrette.

For my main meal I agonized between the veal chop special and the pasta special. Financial responsibility won in the end, so I went with the pasta: scallops, arugula and cherry tomatoes on linguini with tasty sauce. It was supposed to be angel hair, but I am opposed to thin pasta.
It was nice to catch up with L. and go to a new place. I'd go back I think, the outdoor area is nice in an urban kind of way (bridges overhead the river in the distance).

3 comments:

E. said...

What's the origin of your aversion to thin pasta? Curious! I love pasta in all its forms so it's hard for me to understand... :-)

cc said...

It's hard to explain. I like a little figurative meat to my pasta. A steady slurp? Angel hair, cappelini, that stuff gets all clumped together, which I don't like or it's all thin and somehow you can't get enough. Or something. I need to ruminate further, or go to therapy, to figure it out. ha ha

crs said...

i agree on the thin pasta. it lacks structure. or maybe it it too much like angel food cake, again, dependent on others for substance. or maybe i need pastatherapy as well....