Sunday, September 12, 2010

Chess and the Park

I have often found that after a night of losing my wallet, or mind, or dignity, or sanity, or any combination of these things, it's best to be reminded of the bigger picture. This often means that I call J. the next morning and ask her what she's up to. I like hanging out with the J. and J. family, and something about the experience always gives me a little perspective. If that makes any sense. Anywho. Saturday was one such morning where some J. and J. and S. and N. face time was mighty appealing to me, so I called to see what they were up to and whether I could come along. The answer was enjoying a nice day, and yes. So off I went. S. and I played chess for a bit. He is five. I beat him each time but in another two years I'd say he could easily beat me. Chess has never been my game.

Then we went to a park that ends in ius but I forget the first part. Catornius? I don't know. The dogs ran around, as did the kids. I like being able to tell a kid to run somewhere touch something and come back and have them actually do it because they think it is fun. You tell me to run somewhere and jump up and down three times and run back and I'm not sure I would comply (recent house-around running aside).

No comments: