Friday, August 21, 2009

Dilly Burger c/o Dilly's Corners and Hardly-Any-Proof-Tubing

As I have mentioned, I planned to go and camp on the Delaware shore this past Sunday/Monday, but that ended in total failure. When I woke up on Monday I was determined to get the fuck (pardon me) out of dodge. So I emailed Mr. Ass and asked him if he knew of any nice swimming holes in Bucks County country. He couldn't really think of any proper swimming places but mentioned that there was always tubing. I then convinced him (with very little effort) that he should come tubing with me, and a plan was born. Before going tubing we stopped at Dilly's Corner for lunch. Mr. Ass ordered a cheesecake yogurt and coca cola float (as well as food), which I thought sounded disgusting...and I will never know if I was wrong because I did not try it. I can say that Mr. Ass seemed a little let down.
I ordered a Dilly Cheeseburger with tomato, it was delicious. Liberal with the mayo, cheesy and a nice sized patty (though lacking a little in seasoning).
Then we went tubing c/o River Country. There is no hard evidence of this, however, because I did not think it was a good idea to take the camera on the Delaware River. I sunscreened the hell out of myself and ended up not burned at all, which is a minor miracle...perhaps my ironic Gap visor (not pictured but in total effect) was the key...or spraying sunscreen on every part of me, whatever. The closest thing I have to proof is the photographs I took once we ended our two hour float. A running theme of the summer: me in my bathing suit (but hiding my gut, of course), making funny faces in a pretty setting.

So much pretty river-ness, just a little more than an hour away. Why does it take me til the end of summer to realize all I could be doing?

Above is proof that Mr. Ass was there as well...in his relaxed state. This was exactly what I needed: new places, cool water, sun, and a pal. Somehow tubing by oneself seems sad. Kind of like watching movies in a theater by oneself (which I don't really think is sad, I mean really) or sitting at a bar alone (that, too, doesn't have to be sad, though I haven't done it since I first moved to Chicago). Wait, none of that is sad per se, that was just my cultural conditioning coming out. Stupid conditioning. Sad is babies in wells or wet kittens...or the last unicorn...now that is sad.

2 comments:

Ted said...

Such a lovely day, and then you had to go and mention the Last Unicorn. That's like the saddest thing ever.

nc catherine said...

Tubing! Yay. We have not tubed in a while since we have the goofy kayaks to play with, but tubing is an awesome way to while an afternoon away. Your river looks prettier than the one we all tubed on/in here, but maybe that is just fantasy. I somehow imagine it to be less silty, a polite way of saying ours is full of muddy water. Meant to go out today in fact but a hellacious storm blew up and so we didn't. Will rally and go tomorrow. I aim to keep playing in the kayaks until the water is cold enough to give me hypothermia! Which down here might not be til November. Yay.